Pages

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Sunflower Vintage Reborn!

Gadzooks, has it been this long?! I've had a busy couple of years, travelling during my year out, working, getting into Uni, and generally trying to get through life! But I hope to come back to this with a vengeance :)

From a fashion point of view, my move to a bigger city has really encouraged me to experiment with  my style. I've come to realise that I shouldn't be bothered by taking days off from my style - who needs a 'signature look'? I love, absolutely love, the vintage style. But sometimes, at a club, I want to go for the smoky eyes and semi-revealing dress like my friends. So I do. Variety is the spice of life, and while I always try to maintain that retro influence, I'm not afraid to try different things!

I've met a lot of great people while I've been at University, and I've managed to stay close to my friends from home. I have loans and rent to pay and I love the responsibility. At the same time I miss home nearly everyday. I miss working and having a regular source of income that doesn't just get me further into debt (because apparently nobody will give a job to a student) . I miss not thinking that reaching £0 was a huge improvement to my finances. And I don't like being stereotyped as a useless and either violent or lazy member of society just because I'm a student.

But... how can I be unhappy when I'm studying a subject I love in a place as beautiful as this?  

No comments:

Post a Comment