Pages

Friday 18 March 2011

The Edge Of Love

Perhaps not the best film ever made, but certainly not the worst, and it is very pleasing on the eye. It's worth watching for the styling alone, but there are a few other highlights I have to mention. Firstly, Keira's Welsh accent, which, again, is not the best I've ever heard but certainly not the worst; and I do like the sound of a Welsh accent (it's very underrated as they go). Also, I'm pretty sure I spotted Suggs from Madness in there for a frame or two, and I slightly adore him!


But sadly, these highlights can not make up for the slightly naff dialogue (e.g. 'make love to me!') Also, the film veers into cliche and it sometimes jars - the love scene between William and Vera with it's fading, sweeping shots of various crevices comes across as quite annoying simply due to it's utter lack of originality.




Nonetheless, it's an enjoyable way to spend an hour and 42 minutes, so put in some earplugs and enjoy the pretty pictures.




 


No comments:

Post a Comment