Pages

Thursday 18 February 2010

A Good Book And A Cup Of Tea

Phew! I’ve been so busy lately… in fact, I’ve found that with all the planning I’ve been doing, I’ve been giving myself no time to relax. It’s as if I’m always at work, or thinking about the future, and I’m not living in the ‘now’. One of my (many) faults that I set my expectations for the future too high, so high that I’m constantly being disappointed when it becomes the present. So, I’ve decided to set aside some more time for me right now, and I think the simplest way to do that is with some simple reading time.
After a visit to my local library (which is conveniently directly opposite to where I work) I came away with some very good books – many of which I have studied at school before, and I relish the opportunity to read them without overanalysing every word. At about 9 at night I’ll sit and read for an hour, tucked up in bed with a cup of tea. It may sound rather pathetic, but it makes me feel brilliant, and I recommend it to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment